A detailed description is given here of the recipe for sensationally tasty linseed crackers.
Linseed crackers made with the Personal Blender. You will need a dehydrator for this recipe.
Raw food ingredients:
- 250 ml of water
- 4 handfuls (500 ml) of mixed vegetables (peppers, celery, garlic, green beans, onions, spinach, tomatoes, pumpkin or other seasonal vegetables)
- 2 teaspoons of (10 ml) miso
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of sea salt
- 4 handfuls (500 ml) of soaked, golden or brown linseeds (soak linseeds until they have a gel-like consistency)
- 1-2 handfuls (approx. 125-250 ml) of hemp seeds (optional) Herbs for seasoning (Italian or Mexican seasoning, vegetable stock, caraway, salt, garlic, etc.)
Preparation instructions for using the Personal Blender:
Puree the water, vegetables, miso and salt in several goes. Mix the liquid ingredients with the soaked linseeds and put the mixture onto the Excalibur tray that has been lined with a Paraflexx sheet. Sprinkle your favourite seasonings over the mixture. Next cut the mixture into square cracker shapes (for round crackers drop 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray).
Dry the linseed crackers in the Excalibur drier or Sedona raw food dehydrator at a temperature of 40°C for 6-12 hours, then cut out the shapes of the crackers again (before drying the mixture runs together) and turn the crackers over.
Leave the top sides of the linseed crackers to dry at the same temperature for 2-3 hours. Store your linseed crackers in air-tight containers.